Please help_ Link to Database

Thread: Please help_ Link to Database

Mike Dawson Guest

Default Please help_ Link to Database

Hi<BR>Im linking to an mdb for online bulletin board. The index page has a link to<BR>connect to an individual message uniquley identified by an access generated<BR>autonumber. as ASP request.querystring is the only method I can think of to<BR>link this Im trying to conevrt the int to a string and then reconvert back<BR>to a int. Its not working can anyone help Please.<BR>Thanks<BR>Best Wishes<BR><BR><BR>Mike Dawson<BR><BR>

??? Guest

Default Show code, if you want help!

I cannot imagine what your problem can be. I have done many pages linked in this way and have not had problems. I don&#039t think you should have to explicitly convert from int to string or visa versa. If you show what you have tried someone may be able to solve the problem.<BR><BR>If you have opened a recordset of the items you could form list of links like this (e.g.):-<BR><BR>&#060;%do while not rs.eof<BR>&#060;a href="xxx.asp?Id=&#060;%=rs("ID")%&#062;"&#062;&#0 60;%=rs("Subject")%&#062;&#060;/a&#062;<BR>rs.movenext<BR>loop%&#062;<BR><BR>The n in xxx.asp:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim ID, SqlQuery<BR>ID = Request.QueryString("ID")<BR>SqlQuery = "Select * from YourTable where ID=" & ID<BR>set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>rs.op en SqlQuery, YourConnection, 3,3,1<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>At this point you would display whatever fields you required.

dl Guest

Default RE: Please help_ Link to Database

Why the need to convert it? If your queryString uses the same number as the unique ID surely this is enough.