back button

Thread: back button

bitt Guest

Default back button

I would like to to know if there is any way to make The Back button on the browser off?<BR>I meen that the user cant go back.(not in a new page)<BR>

murugappan Guest

Default no chance

There&#039s no eay to hide the back button in the browser.

omc Guest

Default RE: back button

Only way you can control that is if you use a popup window. When you create a popup window with javascript you can tell it "toolbar=0" and "copyhistory=0". <BR><BR>Otherwise, you can&#039t control the user&#039s browser. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it. If you had the power to literally alter the user&#039s history file imagine what havoc you could reak if you were so inclined.

Default RE: no back button - hard

There is no easy solution...<BR>You can pop your site in a new window when the user arrives( a window with no toolbar,menubar,hotkeys,location).<BR><BR>You can use signed scripts (I have no idea how to do it, but you can do it).<BR>OR<BR>You can replace* all the &#060;a href="url"&#062; in your pages with <BR>&#060;a href="javascript:location.replace(url)"&#062;. <BR>*You could capture all the link clicks with js instead of replacing the text.<BR><BR><BR>-Have fun<BR>