ADO DB access error

Thread: ADO DB access error

Chris Beaumont Guest

Default ADO DB access error

I get this error when accesing an access DB :<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key &#039SOFTWAREODBCBrazos volatile counter&#039. <BR><BR>/sysarch/db_test.asp, line 21 <BR><BR>whats that all about then eh?

MG Guest

Default RE: ADO DB access error

This error appears for many different reasons. You need to post your code to see if we can find a problem in it.

Default RE: ADO DB access error

I dunno! I&#039ve just been trying to sort out the same error myself - searched this site but didn&#039t really find any help!<BR><BR>I was getting this error on opening a connection to my database<BR>When testing on my PC using PWS everything was working fine, but when I published to our intranet server things started going pear shaped.<BR><BR>my connection string was...<BR>"DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("../../databases/forums.mdb")<BR><BR>I changed this to the following and the message disappeared, if anyone could explain why it would be appreciated!<BR><BR>"DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/databases/forums.mdb")<BR><BR>thought I&#039d share this as it might help you!<BR><BR>cheers - mf<BR><BR><BR>