response.redirect in frame

Thread: response.redirect in frame

Tom Tucker Guest

Default response.redirect in frame

Perhaps unwisely, I am using frames for a set of active server pages, one of which checks to see if a record exists based on a submitted form. If the record exists, no problem. If it doesn&#039t, I have a response.redirect to send the user back to the default search page.<BR><BR>The problem is the redirect loads the default page in a frame, and I was wondering if there is any way to get the page to load in a new window (like target="_top")?<BR><BR>Thanks for any suggestions.

Default RE: response.redirect in frame

not with response.redirect - you&#039d need to do that client-side with javascript<BR><BR>try using ASP to response.write out the javascript to redirect properly<BR><BR>jason

Chrace Guest

Default RE: response.redirect in frame

If (oRS.BOF and oRS.EOF) Then<BR>Response.write("&#060;html&#062;&#060;scri pt language=""JavaScript""&#062;")<BR>Response.write( "parent.OTHERFRAME.location.href=" & ASPFILE1.asp)<BR>Response.write("parent.THISFRAME. location.href=" & ASPFILE2.asp)<BR>Response.write("&#060;/script&#062;&#060;/html&#062;")<BR>End If<BR><BR>Normally what I do. The script will be carried out directly and the frame you&#039re in will be set to file ASPFILE2.asp where the other frame will get ASPFILE1.asp. This can of course be used for more frames as well.<BR><BR>(Might need &#039s around the filenames, can&#039t remember.)