Eval and Execute commands

Thread: Eval and Execute commands

Chrace Guest

Default Eval and Execute commands

Idea: Giving a set of Session vars to a user determined by a table - insert an entry in the table and new users get another Session var.<BR><BR>Can anyone correct this into a working kind?<BR><BR>Set oRS = oConn.Execute("select varname, varvalue from vartable")<BR>oRS.MoveFirst<BR>Do While not oRS.EOF<BR> Execute("Set Session(""" & oRS("varname") & """) = " & oRS("varvalue"))<BR><BR> oRS.MoveNext<BR>Loop

Default AVOID Eval and Execute!!

Why in the world would you use the non-connection Execute???<BR><BR>Absolutely zero reason for it.<BR><BR>I think MS goofed by adding Eval and Execute to the language. Now everybody thinks they are the things to use when they get stuck, whereas I have *YET* to see a LEGITIMATE and necessary use for either one in server-side code. (I have found a bare handful of uses for them in client-side [browser] code.)<BR><BR>Anyway...<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Set oRS = oConn.Execute("select varname, varvalue from vartable")<BR>&#039 oRS.MoveFirst NEVER NEVER NEVER do MoveFirst! WASTE OF TIME!<BR>Do While not oRS.EOF<BR> &nbsp; Set Session(oRS("varname")) = oRS("varvalue")<BR> &nbsp; oRS.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>That&#039s all. Why do you need the Execute statement, at all?