Validation for Web pages

Thread: Validation for Web pages

Aaron Senft Guest

Default Validation for Web pages

I tried to imnplement the Authentication scheme that is on this web page and kept running into problems. I am not sure if I am creating a database connection correctly and running a query against the information in the database. The way it looks, the information is being submitted to the database and not queried against the information. If anyone could help me out on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!<BR><BR>Aaron Senft<BR>Development Consultants, Inc.

Default RE: Validation for Web pages

Aaron, Hi.<BR>Looks like we both are working on the same article, I have a previous post on the asp board a few below this one.. <BR>Would you be willing to teach me how to run the create Table script to create the table remotely on my SQL 7 db?<BR><BR>Here is the code I have so far trying to create the table remotely if you or anyone else can help me.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim cn<BR>Dim oRS<BR><BR>Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set oRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>cn.Open "DSN=DB;UID=login;Password=pass;"<BR>oRS.ActiveCon nection = cn<BR><BR>create table Banners<BR><BR>(<BR>BannerID int identity PRIMARY KEY,<BR>Image varchar(100),<BR>URL varchar(100),<BR>Hint varchar(100),<BR>Shown int,<BR>Clicked int,<BR>)<BR><BR>oRS.Close<BR>cn.Close<BR>Set oRS = Nothing<BR>Set cn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>is this the right approach to creating the table?<BR><BR>p.s. I dont have Sql manager, just VI6 and Access 2000<BR>