Can IIS talk to Oracle running on UNIX?

Thread: Can IIS talk to Oracle running on UNIX?

LeeAnnie Guest

Default Can IIS talk to Oracle running on UNIX?

I want to migrate my Access database to Oracle. My Oracle servers run on Sun SPARC Enterprise 250&#039s.<BR><BR>Can IIS talk to the data store in the Sun Box? <BR>Through Samba, maybe? What about getting OLEDB up and running?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Rod Dreyer Guest

Default RE: Can IIS talk to Oracle running on UNIX?

Yes.<BR>1. You will need to install the Oracle Client on your IIS server so that and establish an Oracle sqlnet connection to your Oracle database. <BR><BR>2. Use the Oracle Net Easy Config utility to setup your sqlnet connection to your Oracle Database. <BR><BR>3. In your asp, setup an OLEDB connection as follows:<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open "Provider=MSDAORA;Data Source=TESTDB;User ID=xx;Password=xx;"<BR><BR>Replace Data Source with your Oracle server as defined in step 2, and set your userid and password as needed.<BR><BR>good luck!<BR><BR>

Markkk Guest

Default Beware of Cursor limitation with MSDAORA Provider

Beware that the "Microsoft OL DB Provider for Oracle (MSDAORA)" has some limitations that don&#039t exist with "Microsoft&#039s ODBC Drivers for Oracle". <BR><BR>For example, the "MS Oracle OLE DB Provider MSDAORA)" does not support RecordCounts. The MSDAORA Provider forces the use of a Forward Only Curser, which doesn&#039t support RecordCounts. You must use an ODBC Driver if you want to employ the use of .RecordCount via a Static Curser. <BR><BR>Checkout the MSDN Site for further details.<BR>