design an update record form

Thread: design an update record form

Default design an update record form

I want a form that displays the current information in a record (i.e. name and address fields) from an Access database and allows the user to enter updated information (i.e. new address).<BR><BR>I can create an database results page that displays all of the fields in the record, but my issue is: How can I display the fields within a form text box and allow the information to be changed and then post the updated information to the database record.<BR><BR>Any help is greatly appreciated.

MG Guest

Default RE: design an update record form

Go to for specific info.<BR><BR>In general<BR>1. recieve the record id from querystring or form<BR>2. use the record id to create a sql statment like<BR>sql = "Select * from table where ID=" & response.querystring("ID")<BR>3.Open a recordset with this sql<BR>4.check if eof, if yes skip the rest and dispay a message<BR>5.set the value of each field to a variable<BR>myvar1 = RS("field1")<BR>myvar2 = RS("field2")<BR>etc.<BR>6.Close the rs and connection<BR> the form<BR>8.use the value property of each form field to dispay the current data for the record<BR>response.write "&#060;input type=text value=&#039" & myvar1 & "&#039&#062;<BR>response.write "&#060;input type=text value=&#039" & myvar2 & "&#039&#062;<BR>9. thats it.<BR>

Default Thanks!

Thank you for your input. I will try to stumble through.