Unspecified error?!

Thread: Unspecified error?!

Default Unspecified error?!

Help!<BR><BR>I have an "Access" database set up. My DSN is "SalesQuoteDSN". Inside is 4 tables. Every so often, I receive the error:<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Unspecified error <BR><BR>/departments/sales/QuoteSystem/Default.asp, line 22 <BR><BR>and the only workaround seems to be rebooting the server.<BR><BR>Here are the lines which are causing the error:<BR><BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString="DSN=SalesQuoteDSN"<BR>objConn.O pen<BR><BR>Line 22 specifically is <BR>objConn.ConnectionString="DSN=SalesQuoteDSN"<B R><BR>When I putin the code "On Error Resume Next" and<BR>If (Err.number &#060;&#062; 0) Then<BR> Response.Write("The following error occurred: <BR> ")<BR> Response.Write(Err.Description & "<BR><BR>")<BR>End If<BR><BR>Nothing prints. <BR><BR>Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? <BR>Has anyone seen this problem before?<BR>What causes an "unspecified error"?<BR><BR>thanks!

Curtis Guest

Default maybe?

objConn.ConnectionString="DSN=SalesQuoteDSN"<BR><B R>instead try<BR>objConn.ConnectionString="DSN=SalesQuoteDSN ;"<BR><BR>I think you forgot the semi-colon... shouldn&#039t be an error though from that mmm..<BR><BR>

Curtis Guest

-- start of your code<BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString="DSN=SalesQuoteDSN"<BR>objConn.O pen<BR>-- end of your code<BR><BR>-- start of proper code --<BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open "DSN=SalesQuoteDSN;", adLockBatchOptimistic<BR>-- end of proper code<BR><BR>k.. the adLockBatchOptimistic allows more than one user to access your database at a time.. that is that "unspecified error" (only one user allowed at a time.. sorry!) that is a bad error message.. I had the same problem today., so I know that this is the cure.. ALSO if you use UPDATE on a recordset anywhere in this page of yours.. you HAVE TO USE "UPDATEBATCH" instead.. because you are now opening with the BatchOptimistic parameter on the connection object..<BR><BR>hopefully that fixed your problem and if it didn&#039t then re-read this message cause it should&#039ve fixed it.. good luck..