create hyperlink and pass id to new asp page

Thread: create hyperlink and pass id to new asp page

Default create hyperlink and pass id to new asp page

I am developing my first asp page. My first page searches a database based on text entered in text boxes. I then load 2nd page to display all matching results. I want the user to be able to click on any of the results to bring up 3rd page that displays details of that account. When selected my else stmt is executed as NO RECORDS FOUND. I believe the problem is that the ID# is not being passed to 3rd page. Code being used to reference hyperlink:<BR><BR>&#060;a href="fcl3.asp?RECORD=&#060;%=Rst("Z_ID")%&#062;"& #062;&#060;%= Rst("LAST")%&#062;&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>Code calling record on 3rd page:<BR><BR>StrSql = "SELECT * FROM APPLICATION_FCL WHERE Z_ID = &#039" & Request.Form("Record") & "&#039"<BR><BR>Any ideas where I went wrong?

Default RE: create hyperlink and pass id to new asp page

If you are trying to get the value out of the querystring.. then you must call it by a Request.QueryString("Record"), not a Request.Form.<BR><BR>Try:<BR>StrSql = "SELECT * FROM APPLICATION_FCL WHERE Z_ID = &#039" & Request.QueryString("Record") & "&#039"<BR><BR>Hope this helps...Cheers!<BR>