Vicente Lopez Guest

Hi there, I hope you can help me...<BR><BR>I´m developing a small ASP project using MS Access<BR>and so far I&#039ve connected to the DB and retrieved and displayed data to the web<BR>without no problem at all; however I´ve tried in so many ways to insert data in the DB<BR>and it keeps on showing me the following message when I&#039m right at the "objRst.AddNew" line: <BR><BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR><BR>/DataReq.asp, line 36 <BR><BR><BR>So i figured out maybe the problem is in the way I&#039m using to open the recordset<BR>so i tried the following:<BR><BR><BR><BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM TableUser"<BR><BR>objRst.Open strSQL, objConn,adOpenDynamic,adLockOptimistic <BR><BR><BR><BR>And this is the new message I get:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/DataReq.asp, line 18 <BR><BR><BR>Anyway, here&#039s my connection string(global.asa):<BR><BR>Application("ConnectStr ing") = " b;DefaultDir=c:inetpubwww.supergente.comDevelop;Dr iver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;ImplicitCommitSync=Yes;MaxBufferSize=512;Ma xScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threa ds=3;UID=admin;UserCommitSync=Yes;"<BR><BR>and here&#039s ASP page code to open the recordset<BR><BR>set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .Open Application("ConnectString")<BR>set objRst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR><BR> strSQL = "SELECT * FROM TableUser"<BR>objRst.Open strSQL, objConn,objconn<BR><BR>objRst.AddNew <BR>.....<BR>....<BR>....<BR>objRst.Update <BR><BR>Thank&#039s for your help in advanced<BR>Best Regards<BR>Vicente Lopez<BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default RE:

objRst.Open strSQL, objConn,adOpenDynamic,adLockOptimistic <BR><BR>The problem here is taht your last 2 params are supposed to be constants, but in VBS they are not builtin as they are in VB, so you need to use an include file ( to setup these constants. The files can be downloaded from the web, but it is easier to just substitute the values:-<BR><BR><BR>objRst.Open strSQL, objConn,3,3<BR>