Problem in opening multiple sessions using Ms-Acce

Thread: Problem in opening multiple sessions using Ms-Acce

Shekhar Garg Guest

Default Problem in opening multiple sessions using Ms-Acce

I am developing an application using ASP(on Personal web server 4.0) and MS-Access as backend. I am opening a connection to the database in a page, executing the queries to the database and finally closing the connection at the end of the page. ( The code I am using for opening the database connection is as follows:<BR><BR>Set DataConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> DataConnection.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & _<BR> "DBQ=e:officeautomationOfficeAuto.mdb ;"<BR><BR> Set cmdDC = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")<BR> cmdDC.ActiveConnection = DataConnection <BR> SQL = "Select username from user"<BR> cmdDC.CommandText = SQL<BR> Set RecordSet = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> RecordSet.Open cmdDC, , 0, 2<BR> RecordSet.Close<BR> dataConnection.close<BR>)<BR>When I go to the next page and try to open a connection to the database I receive operation timed-out error message. Also if I close the browser and try to access the first page I receive the same error, though it worked fine the first time. This problem persists until I restart the machine. Stopping the personal web server does not resolve the issue.

Default you must set the values...

after "dataConnection.close" do this:<BR><BR>set RecordSet=nothing<BR>set dataConnection=nothing<BR><BR>see if that solves the problem