Access help, dataconnection Problem

Thread: Access help, dataconnection Problem

danscan Guest

Default Access help, dataconnection Problem

What would my dataconnectionns string look like if my <BR>asp page was at this directorry /html/searcher.asp<BR>and my database was at /fpdb/kiaused.asp<BR>It is an access 2000 database. i want a dsnlessconnection.<BR><BR>so far i have tried the little trick with rightclicking to creat a new connection link "no luck"<BR>i just get an internel server error 500 and the page can not me found. <BR><BR>i have been wrestling on this all week. Thanks for you help.<BR>if you want to veiw my code i will send that maybe i misspelled something or what ever.<BR><BR>thanks<BR>dan

Default RE: Access help, dataconnection Problem

Hi <BR> Is this your database... /fpdb/kiaused.asp <BR>I think database file should be .mdb<BR><BR>I am attaching the connection string here.Write this code in your asp file /html/searcher.asp<BR><BR><BR>set pageconn=server.createobject("ADODB.CONNECTION")<B R><BR>DbName = "d:databaseweeklyadweeklyad.mdb"(path of the Database)<BR><BR>pageConn.Open "DBQ=" & DbName & ";Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;ImplicitCommitSync=Yes;MaxBufferSize=512;Ma xScanRows=8;PageTimeout=5;SafeTransactions=0;Threa ds=3;UID=admin;UserCommitSync=Yes;;User Id=admin;"<BR>set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.RECORDSET")<BR>rs.op en sqlstmt,pageconn<BR><BR><BR>