Linked Tables

Thread: Linked Tables

Mark Guest

Default Linked Tables

Thanks in advance. I am having problems with linked tables in Access. There are two access dbs, report.mdb and UseTime.mdb in the same directory in the server. I connect to report.mdb in the asp using the = ... statement. This db has a table which is linked to the db UseTime.mdb which the sql needs to get the results. When I run the asp page I get the following error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] &#039V:InetpubwwwrootUseTime.mdb&#039 is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>I opened another connection to the the other database as = ... but this does not make sense as I can&#039t use these two connections in the same sql statement. <BR>What else can I do to get it to work without actaully copying that table back and forth cos it gets updated freq. <BR>

Default Multiple DBs? Illegal.

You should never put linked tables in separate databases.<BR><BR>I didn&#039t know that Access allowed this, but if it does it is a mistake.<BR><BR>Take *ALL* the tables from one DB and put them in the other and then always use the unified DB.<BR><BR>In any case, cross DB queries are not possible in SQL, as you must refer to tables by name within the currently connect DB.<BR><BR>

Curtis Guest

Default FUNNY!

heh.. I would never ever even have thought about linking 2 databases together.. hehe... even I&#039m not that complex, or mislead.. ; &#062;