Bad syntax please help

Thread: Bad syntax please help

Marie Guest

Default Bad syntax please help

custid is from a SQL Server DB column & obviously userid is my session variable. The error is:<BR><BR><BR>Expected end of statement <BR><BR>/checkout.asp, line 42 <BR><BR>Cm.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE custid = session("userid")"<BR><BR><BR>This is my code:<BR>Cm.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE &#039custid&#039 = session("userid")"<BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default VERY Bad Syntax--Not Advanced!

This is not advanced in the least.... you have 3 errors that I can spot off the top. Don&#039t mean to be mean, but this is an advanced forum. Please post in the appropriate forum!

Marie Guest

Default RE: VERY Bad Syntax--Not Advanced!

Sorry Chief

Steve Cimino Guest

Default There is a reason for this

I don&#039t mean to be a jerk about it, but this happens all the time. If you post in the other forum, I would&#039ve gladly pointed out your mistakes (although now with your flip remark...).<BR><BR>There are two kinds forums on ASP: Advanced and Regular. If someone is browsing in this area, it&#039s because they don&#039t want to have to deal with simplistic errors. If they&#039re in the regular forums, they don&#039t mind dealing with them. I switch back and forth, and adjust appropriately.<BR><BR>People in here get to a point where they get sick of it, and then take it all out on some poor soul who had no idea what they were doing was wrong. You just happened to be that person today.

Los Angeles, CA

Default and the story goes on and on and on...

You go steve

Default RE: Bad syntax please help

Try this<BR><BR>Cm.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE custid = &#039" & session("userid") & "&#039"<BR>