Session Handling (Very Urgent)

Thread: Session Handling (Very Urgent)

Girish K.S. Guest

Default Session Handling (Very Urgent)

Hi,<BR><BR>If there are distributed servers, how to handle sessions and pass information of a individual session from one server to another?

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: Session Handling (Very Urgent)

Session variables do not cross web farms... this leaves you with 3 ways to persist information:<BR><BR>1) Cookies<BR>2) QueryString<BR>3) Hidden Fields/Forms

vv Guest

You need to do resource pooling , if you make it as sticky the session for any individual user will stick to one server if you don&#039t do that then the whole point to using session will go waste.<BR><BR><BR>

IIS doesn&#039t accomodate this behavior natively. You could try a third party control like SessionPro by Software Artisans which is designed to do exactly that. Or - a way that I like even better - there is an article by Tony Scott in the current issue of Visual Basic Programmers Journal that shows you how to set up your own session info management db solution. With SQL server its pretty quick. I think there is also a copy here on 4guys. ASP+ has a db based solution as well, but I assume you&#039d like to stick with the current release of ASP.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Thomas