Javascript Opens new window but Variable is not pa

Thread: Javascript Opens new window but Variable is not pa

David Highlander Guest

Default Javascript Opens new window but Variable is not pa

Can somoene who knows both javascript and ASP help me with this one? <BR><BR>I have on one page this: (It opens up a new window and is supposed to pass an ID variable)<BR><BR>&#060;script LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>function SomeFunctionName(ID) {<BR> winname="New"<BR> msgWin ="tasks/taskdetails.asp?"+ID,winname,"width=300,height=225 ,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes");<BR> if (navigator.appName == "Netscape" && parseInt(navigator.appVersion) &#062;= 3)<BR> { msgWin.focus(); }<BR> if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && parseInt(navigator.appVersion) &#062;= 3)<BR> { msgWin.focus(); }<BR> }<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>This is the code in my body that initiates the script:<BR>&#060;a href="javascript:SomeFunctionName(&#060;%=RS1("ID" )%&#062;);"&#062;Link&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>Ok the problem is the new window opens but the ID variable does not pass? I think the variable is passing but I do not know how to grab it because of the Javascript. I usually use:<BR>recordID = TRIM( Request("id") )<BR>but that isn&#039t working.<BR><BR>Any thoughts on how I can grab the variable?

Default RE: Javascript Opens new window but Variable is no

your problem is you need to name your querystring values that you pass. Your code should look like this.<BR><BR>msgWin ="tasks/taskdetails.asp?ID="+ID,winname,"width=300,height= 225,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes");<BR>

David Highlander Guest

Default **** TYPOS. LOL - Thanks man.

I would have never seen that typo. I appreciate the extra set of eyes.