databases and textboxes

Thread: databases and textboxes

mark Guest

Default databases and textboxes

I have 2 sets of data. One has 6 Fields and the other has 6 Fields (textboxes) on a form, connected to a database.<BR>The first set is OK, however my problem is I want to populate the 2nd set of data (textboxes), with the 2nd of data from the database ONLY if there is data in the database. If there is NO data in the second set of data in the database then I want to populate the textboxes with the first set of data in the database.<BR><BR>This is really annoying me, can you please help?<BR>The code I&#039ve done is below!<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim strClassName<BR>Dim strVenue<BR>Dim strDay<BR>Dim strRoom<BR>Dim strTimeFrom<BR>Dim strTimeTo<BR><BR>strClassName = Request.Form("class_name_box")<BR>strVenue = Request.Form("venue_box")<BR>strDay = Request.Form("day_box")<BR>strRoom = Request.Form("room_box")<BR>strTimeFrom = Request.Form("time_box_from")<BR>strTimeTo = Request.Form("time_box_to")<BR><BR>[test] = rstemp("a_class_name_change_box")<BR><BR>IF [test] = "" THEN<BR>strClassName = rstemp("a_classname_change")<BR>strVenue = rstemp("a_venue_change")<BR>strDay = rstemp("a_day_change")<BR>strRoom = rstemp("a_roomtoseat_change")<BR>strTimeFrom = rstemp("a_time_from_change")<BR>strTimeTo = rstemp("a_time_to_change")<BR>ELSE<BR>strClassName = rstemp("a_class_name_change_box")<BR>strVenue = rstemp("a_venue_change_box")<BR>strDay = rstemp("a_day_change_box")<BR>strRoom = rstemp("a_roomtoseat_change_box")<BR>strTimeFrom = rstemp("a_time_from_change_box")<BR>strTimeTo = rstemp("a_time_to_change_box")<BR>END IF<BR>%&#062;

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: databases and textboxes

and the problem is......where??