Frames and back button

Thread: Frames and back button

pari Guest

Default Frames and back button

hi<BR>i have a site in frames( contents and main).<BR>now in the main page , i have links to various other sites. <BR>all the links when clicked open in the same page.. but if i hit the back button few of them dont go back to the earlier page, a flicker occurs but it returns to same page... any idea y it happens.. is it coz the site doesnt allow to b openend in frames.<BR>also few sites open in the same frame page.. i.e am not able to c the contents page here also i cant go BACK..<BR>plz help asap<BR>thnx in adv<BR>pari

Munish & Rishi Guest

Default RE: Frames and back button

what actually is happening is that some of the links u have provided on your mainpage are links to sites that do not use frames and hence the back button works whereas certain other links are to sites which use frames, and henc the back button does not work....<BR><BR>why dont you open the hyperlinks in a new window instead of your current window...u can use the target property of href to achive this...<BR><BR>or u can use javascript to achieve this<BR>paste this in the head of your html page<BR><BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- Begin<BR>function fullScreen(theURL) {<BR>, &#039&#039, &#039scrollbars=auto&#039);<BR><BR>then in the body where u have the ahref tag u can do the following<BR>&#060;a href="javascript:void(0);" onClick="fullScreen(&#039full-screen.html&#039);"&#062;Open Window&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>}<BR>// End --&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>