Redirection of Page

Thread: Redirection of Page

Default Redirection of Page

Hi,<BR> i am in a messy situation creating default directories for each user on my web server. each user has an url somethin like http://&#060;our server>/&#060;name of user> and this url should direct the user to a particular page depending on the IP ADDRESS of the client machine and date when accessed. all this is stored in the database from where i get the url to direct him. my problem is everytime a user is created, i have to create a directory on the web server, then create or copy the default.asp to this directory. is there any way to overcome this problem by just creating one file in the name of the user rather than creating a directory for each user ?<BR><BR>it&#039s very urgent. please please help me.<BR><BR>san<BR>

Mark Hoffman Guest

Default RE: Redirection of Page

Sounds like you can develop the default.asp page to be dynamic enough to read the user&#039s information from a database and display it that way. <BR><BR>However, can you automate the directory creation process? I developed a system once where it dynamically created a visitor&#039s directory and then destroyed it when the session expired. (I know that is somewhat different because you are dealing with users, not visitors). Can you write a script or program that automates this for you?<BR><BR>What is in this default.asp? Write back with some more information.<BR><BR>Mark Hoffman<BR>

Default RE: Redirection of Page

default.asp consists of response.redirect command with the URL being framed from the IP Address and the date and with this criteria, searches some tables in the database which returns a URL. And default.asp redirects it to this URL. i am lookin for some method wherein i dont have to create so many directories, instead use a single file.<BR> is it possible to trap the arguments from global.asa - for ex. i have the URL http://www.demo.net/xx/abc where xx is a virtual directory. can i have a global.asa in xx which returns me abc as a argument so that i can do the above mentioned redirection ?<BR>