Can someone give ma clue as to why this is not working, I must sleep soon....<BR><BR>IF request.form ("ActivateAccount")="Active" THEN<BR>IF Request.form ("Alias")="" THEN<BR>response.write ("<BR><BR><BR>&#060;p align=center CLASS=emailcell&#062;")<BR>Response.Write ("You have not entered your Username yet!&#060;/p&#062;")<BR>ELSE<BR>IF request.form ("FirstPass")="" THEN<BR>response.write ("<BR><BR><BR>&#060;p align=center CLASS=emailcell&#062;You will need to add a password<BR>Please return to the previous page and add a password please.&#060;/p&#062;")<BR>ELSE<BR>strRemPass=request.form("Reme mberPass")<BR>strAccAlias=request.form("Alias")<BR >strAccPass=request.form("FirstPass")<BR>strAccSta tus=request.form("ActivateAccount")<BR>strProvider ="DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb); DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("dbase") & "ecash.mdb;"<BR>strPassSQL = "SELECT * FROM Accounts WHERE AccountPassword = &#039strAccPass&#039 ORDER BY UserIDNumber"<BR>strLoginSQL = "SELECT * FROM Contacts WHERE Alias = &#039strAccAlias&#039 AND AccountPassword = &#039strAccPass&#039"<BR><BR>Set rsContacts = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR>rsContac ts.Open strLoginSQL, strProvider<BR><BR>IF rsContacts("UserIDNumber") &#060;&#062; "" THEN<BR>session("SessUserID") = objAliasCheckID<BR>response.write ("<BR><BR><BR>&#060;p align=center CLASS=emailcell&#062;")<BR>response.write ("Your Login was successful!<BR>")<BR>response.redirect("./accountdetails.asp")<BR>ELSE<BR>Response.Write ("<BR><BR><BR>&#060;p align=center CLASS=emailcell&#062;")<BR>Response.write ("Your Login was unsuccessful,please return and try again or apply<BR>for an account if you do not have one.")<BR>END IF<BR>END IF<BR>END IF<BR>ELSE%&#062;<BR><BR>The error I get is :<BR><BR>error &#039 80020009&#039 <BR>Exception occurred. <BR><BR>/dologin.asp, line 35 <BR><BR>referring to the : IF rsContacts("UserIDNumber") &#060;&#062; "" THEN<BR>line as far as i can tell.<BR>Thanks heaps anyone<BR><BR>Bryce Christensen<BR>thegrott@hotmail.com<BR>