Learning ASP

Thread: Learning ASP

plat Guest

Default Learning ASP

Can someone please tell me where i can find a good page for learning ASP right from the very basics

Default RE: Learning ASP

Good places to start are:<BR><BR>www.aspin.com<BR>www.asp101.com<BR>www .4guysfromrolla.com<BR>www.learnasp.com<BR><BR>For reference purposes, MSDN (msdn.microsoft.com) is essential, if a bit difficult to use - bookmark it now! Particularly useful bits of the library are the Active Server Pages Guide, the VBScript Language Reference and the JScript Language Reference (see the links in the sidebar). Once you get into databases you&#039ll find the ADO API Reference invaluable too.<BR><BR>And it never hurts to have some good books - have a look at O&#039Reilly&#039s "ASP in a Nutshell" or Wrox&#039s "Professional Active Server Pages". Or perhaps Sams "Teach Yourself ASP 3.0 in 21 Days", written by the esteemed webmaster of this very board - I always worry about these "teach yourself brain surgery in 5 minutes" books, but Scott knows his stuff...<BR><BR>Dunc

squid Guest

http://www.web-savant.com/users/kathi/default.htm<BR>this is a good one to get started with<BR>;)

invest in a copy of Beginning ASP 3.0 by Wrox. It is well worth the money and should give you a very firm understanding of ASP basics in a relatively short period.