dnsless connection

Thread: dnsless connection

Omer Guest

Default dnsless connection

Hi I have wery big problem wit hmy connection and my host.I cold my host and I told him he haze to make I path for me that support asp so after two days he says this is the path where a folder cold database and there I can put my db so this is the path<BR><BR>D:/www-inv/database/VeilingZon.mdb;<BR><BR>This by him on the server so I make on my pc the same path and I use this connection string<BR><BR>Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Dat a Source=d:/www-inv/database/VeilingZon.mdb<BR><BR>When I put the file on the server I get this error <BR><BR> Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>&#039d:www-invASP2VeilingdatabaseVeilingZon.mdb&#039 is not a valid path.<BR><BR> Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>Is this my mistake or from host <BR>Regards<BR>Omer<BR>

Curtis Guest

Default RE: dnsless connection

Where did the ASP2/Vieling come from in the second "path" there?<BR><BR>the error seemed to have returned a different path than what you want it to be. hmm.. seems to simple to be the error.. **** proxy servers suck :) I know.. I&#039m on the same setup here.. make sure your buddy that runs the proxy has all the drivers installed for MS OFFICE or atleast the jet engine drivers. I have that exact problem but with a SYSTEM DSN.. the guy upstairs doesn&#039t have SQL SERVER Driver installed in the 32bit-ODBC thing in the control panel. :( <BR><BR>I hate being a bottom-feeder...