Automatic Email Notification

Thread: Automatic Email Notification

PJ Guest

Default Automatic Email Notification

Hi All,<BR><BR>I want to put email notification on my site. when any data is inserted into database then the mail would be sent to the every intrested persons. but when i tried the CDONTS, ASPEmail, JMAIL components then the script tooks 5 min to run. i&#039ve 5000 approx. users on my site per intrest. i don&#039t want to make my site too slow. please help me.<BR><BR>Thanks In Advance.<BR><BR>PJ

BalletChick Guest

Default RE: Automatic Email Notification

I will try to make my answer as detailed as the description of your problem.<BR><BR>Make your script more efficient.<BR><BR>:)<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>OK.. . seriously, if you want help, you&#039ll have to give us a bit more detail... for example, how does your script run? What does it do? Does it send 5000 separate emails (bad) when an event like this occurs? Does your mail server support groups (e.g. recipient lists)? Do you use SQL Server? If so, have you tried the intrinsic SQL server mail services? Does the server belong to you, or is it some web-hosting company&#039s?<BR><BR>

ajay bankar Guest

Default RE: Automatic Email Notification

Hi balletChick,<BR><BR>Even I do hv the the same question..actually I need to send a single welcome-mail to a particular user when the details are entered into the database. We are using our own SQL server.<BR><BR>I&#039m a fresher and don&#039t know the details. Will u help me please!<BR><BR>Regards..Ajay