IIS Application ASP vs VB Script Code

Thread: IIS Application ASP vs VB Script Code

Default IIS Application ASP vs VB Script Code

Looking for the pro&#039s and con&#039s of choosing one over the other<BR>Any references to review would be appreciated Thanks

Default RE: IIS Application ASP vs VB Script Code

What do you mean by "IIS Application ASP"?

Richard, <BR>Thanks for responding, VB6 now supports the ability to create IIS applications (i.e. HTML is part of the VB code versus using <BR>VB script inside of HTML pages) The HTML becomes part of the <BR>compiled code.<BR>Thanks Joe

Mad Hatter Guest

I would definitely suggest sticking with VB Script Code as opposed to VB6. While VB6 is nice for Designing GUI driven applications, you will more than likely run in to connection problems and scalability issues down the road.<BR><BR>But that&#039s my opinion, I guess you should use whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Mad Hatter,<BR>Thanks for your assistance, Any idea where I can learn more about connection problems and scalability issues?<BR>Thanks Joe

Stephen Powell Guest

I am also looking at the differences between the two. Having used ASP and only a little of Webclasses I am inclined towards ASP. In my small experience of Webclasses it looks like it forces you to keep all your html files in 1 directory which looks untidy and is hard to organise. If you have 200 web pages then you are going to get very confused. It seems to me also that webclasses are very none standard in the way they operate, and i like the way you can simply open an asp script in a text editor without having to mess about with an ide. Any extra info comparing the 2 would be much appreciated by myself. (stephenpowell99@hotmail.com).<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>St eve<BR>