supernova

Thread: supernova

response.direct problem? Guest

Default supernova

I have a file delay.asp with animated gif which loads while the application is accessing data from the server.<BR>I am using response.redirect to move onto the other page once the database is updated.<BR>While the database is getting updated the animated gif on the <BR>delay.asp just stops .I assume the animated gif stopped since the focus went to the dataupdate.asp page through response.redirect.<BR> Is there a way I can control that to keep it moving until the second page is loaded?<BR>Please Help me!

omc Guest

Default RE: supernova

Is the response.redirect actually working? If I understand you correctly, it can&#039t be. <BR><BR>Let me check to see if I understand. You have an asp page that displays an image (annimated in your case). The same asp page that displays the image has a respons.redirect that sends the user to another page? This won&#039t work because you can write anything to the browser before using the response.redirect. So displaying the image first prohibits the response.redirect from working.

supernova Guest

Default response.redirect

sorry, the response.direct is coming from the filewhich updatesthe databse. You got it right . The animated gif is shown<BR>aslong asthe db is getting updated.