Annoying error message

Thread: Annoying error message

SaintM Guest

Default Annoying error message

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039m currently messing about with ASP on a NT 4 (sp 6) using PWS, but when I try to create a text file I&#039m getting an &#039orrible error message.<BR><BR>CODE<BR>----<BR>Dim objOpenFile, objFSO, strPath, strText<BR>strPath = Server.MapPath("test.txt")<BR>Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR>Set objOpenFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile(strPath)<BR>objOpenFile.Writ eLine "hi" &#039strText<BR>objOpenFile.close<BR>set objOpenFile = nothing<BR>Set objFSO = nothing<BR><BR><BR>ERROR MESSAGE<BR>-------------<BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800a0046&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/Extra1.asp, line 15 <BR><BR>The operation completed successfully. <BR><BR><BR>I&#039m logged onto the workstation as administrator so I&#039m not sure what I&#039m doing wrong here.. Anyone know what this problem relates to? (looked on MS KB, but the KB article related to IIS)

BalletChick Guest

Default RE: Annoying error message

Your IUSR_xxxxx account probably does not have create/write access to your web root, which is the way it should be (unless you like people to change your web site home-page content.) <BR><BR>First, I would choose a different directory underneath your root (e.g. userarea). Then be sure that your IUSR_xxxxxx user account has create/write access to that directory. Then you should be OK.<BR><BR>