Read From the Server Has timed out[urgent]

Thread: Read From the Server Has timed out[urgent]

Default Read From the Server Has timed out[urgent]

I am executing a a stored proc to get teh data on an asp page but I am getting a following error after 30 seconds. If I try to run stored proc outside asp environment it takes about 30 seconds. Any help please.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e31&#039 <BR>[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out. <BR><BR>

BalletChick Guest

Default RE: Read From the Server Has timed out[urgent]

Well... sounds like you need to optimize your query and/or database/indexes. Some people may suggest increasing your server timeout value, but I would tell you that not many users are going to wait more than 30 seconds for your query to execute. Instead, they&#039ll sit there and hit refresh a few times (thus launching more queries, bogging down your database, etc.).<BR><BR>I would suggest first that you be SURE that you have appropriate indexes on your database for the data you are querying. I have queries on tables of over 2 million records that take less than 1 second... <BR><BR>it&#039s all in the wrist...