Session Timeout - With Clock

Thread: Session Timeout - With Clock

Default Session Timeout - With Clock

I would like to put a line on some of my pages that tell the user how many minutes until their session times out (countdown style). Anyone done this before? Or have any ideas?

BalletChick Guest

Default RE: Session Timeout - With Clock

Sure... it&#039s easy and doesn&#039t even require any VBScript code... just HTML. Here&#039s how to do it.<BR><BR>1) Look up your default session timeout value in the IIS setup (this is normally 20 minutes, but may have been changed). For purposes of step 2 below, we&#039ll assume it&#039s 20 minutes.<BR>2) Place this code in your HTML for each page:<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;& nbsp;Your session will timeout in 20 minutes.<BR><BR>You&#039re done!<BR><BR>Can you see why this is so easy? It&#039s because every time your user&#039s load a page, their session renews, and the timer starts over.<BR><BR>Now... if you&#039re asking about how to put a LIVE countdown timer on each page, you can pick up a javascript example at:<BR><BR>

Default Thanks!

I now have a countdown clock which tells my users when they are getting ready to be booted for inactivity!