Using the dictonary object

Thread: Using the dictonary object

1. #1 Guest

Default Using the dictonary object

Here is the problem: My boss wants me to enhance a request form that sends e-mail to allow the user to enter another request based on the previous one. They could be coming into the program and want to enter a request based on the one the last entered yesterday or earlier (whenever the last request was sent). My boss doesn&#039t want me to use cookies, and he says that using the session and application variables will eat up valuable server memory. So he told me to look into using the dictoary object to store the information in. Is this possible? How do I access the dictoary object? Please help!

Default RE: Using the dictonary object

And where would your sagacious boss suggest keeping this dictionary, and how would he identify individual users? (Said he without a hint of sarcasm...)<BR><BR>If you don&#039t use persistant cookies then the only way to identify a user between sessions is to require them to log in with a username and password.<BR><BR>Once you can identify an individual user, the best place to store the data would be in a database. The dictionary suggestion is plain stupid, because there&#039s nowhere to keep it between visits!<BR><BR>Dunc

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Using the dictonary object

Yeah i agree the dic object is like a collection in VB. To store unique data but once you close the browser its going..going..gone. <BR><BR>I dont see any way you can use it "instead"