USERNAME

Thread: USERNAME

Default USERNAME

I need to find out the NT Username, of the user that accesses my intranet site...I want to allow anonymous..because i do not want the user to have to log in each time.....how do i do this?

Vivek Nama Guest

Default RE: USERNAME

anonymous access to iis are through IUSR_&#060;comp name&#062;<BR>grant it permission over whatever actions you want to perform on the server

SOrry...i meant i do not want to allow anonymous..i only want to use Challenge and Response..but i do not want that NT login Window to appear everytime, someone hits the intranet....it only does this on my main webserver..not on my test machines...does anyone one know why?

Tim Westmoreland Guest

Make sure you don&#039t have both Basic Auth. and Challenge/Response turned on. Aslo, check to make sure you are using the correct domain. If you are using only Challenge/Response, the user will not get a login screen if he or she is already logged into the domain you are using to validate the user id&#039s.

Tim Westmoreland Guest

Sorry, I believe the Basic Auth. and Challenge/Response bug was fixed in IIS 4.0, so disregard the first sentence.

Thanks for your help but ive now...fixed my problem..after a day of running around.