SA-Fileup

Thread: SA-Fileup

Default SA-Fileup

This actually a few questions. Please answer what you can. I would like to use SA-FileUp to upload Word files from the site to the server, display them when the same person comes back, and then allow them to replace that file if they have made any changes. <BR><BR>I&#039m concerned about security so first, can a page still read/write to a folder that is password protected on the server without an NT password prompt popping up? How can I delete a file on the server when they come to replace what they have posted before?<BR><BR>Second, if security on the folder can&#039t be done and I want to store a BLOB directy into the DB, how can I verify that a file a user is attaching is a Word file? Also, how do I retrieve that file back and represent it on a page?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help you can give me!

ASPClassy Guest

Default RE: SA-Fileup

&#062;can a page still read/write to a folder that is password &#062;protected on the server without an NT password prompt popping &#062;up? <BR><BR>It can if the user hasn&#039t left the secured site.<BR><BR>&#062;How can I delete a file on the server when they come to replace &#062;what they have posted before?<BR><BR>If you use the same file name it should just overwrite the old file.