Thread: ASP

Default ASP

I have 300+ jpegs (ok they&#039re not mine, they belong to one of our clients) that need to be put out on an intranet site into some kind of "slide show." Now, I really do not want to create 300+ HTML files to embed these jpegs into (can you blame me?). Is there a way to use an asp page or two to create some sort of slideshow (maybe kinda like the Content Linker component)? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Default Slide show...

This is really easy to do. But you could probably do a better job by doing it HTML with client-side JavaScript. (You might use ASP to generate the page, though! Good idea, in fact.)<BR><BR>How do you want the pictures to be shown? In order, with a "NEXT" button?<BR><BR>Randomly, with a "NEXT" button but never repeating until all are shown?<BR><BR>Randomly, with each new user getting a different picture (either in NEXT or RANDOM order) until all are shown? (Okay, for this one you&#039d need to use ASP.)<BR><BR>Describe the problem a bit better, please.<BR><BR>But none of these are hard.<BR><BR>Almost forgot: Are they regularly named? (That is, "pic001.jpg", "pic002.jpg", etc.) Or just random names?<BR><BR><BR><BR>