Thread: Database/Form

Default Database/Form

Hi, I have two problems<BR><BR>1. I have an database, the data type setting is like this: OrderNo-number, CustomerNo-Number, CustomerName-text, orderDate-Date/time. I have an asp form to allow someone to edit their information, can I accept the user enter aaa in OrderNo&#039s textbox or abc in OrderDate&#039s textbox? it means the I can accept the data type is different with the database setting.<BR><BR>2. I have a form to edit some information, if any one textbox is blank, it rejects my update. But if all textbox are filled then it accept. How can I allow some textbox is blank?<BR><BR>Thanks

DaveMW Guest

Default RE: Database/Form

I&#039m assuming that you are using an Access database. <BR><BR>1. To prevent the letters from being submitted you will need to either a) write a client-side javascript that will loop through the values entered in the box to check and make sure they are numbers or b)use VBScript&#039s IsNumeric function on the server side to validate the field. <BR><BR>2. Use a simple If Then Statement: <BR><BR>If Len(value) &#062; 0 Then<BR> &#039insert this value into the database<BR>End If<BR><BR>Hope that helps.

Default Thank you Dave

Thank you Dave