How to check ADO version?

Thread: How to check ADO version?

Default How to check ADO version?

I think I just installed Microsoft Data Access Components 2.1 but how do I verify it?! I looked around Microsoft&#039s Universal Data Access site but didn&#039t see anything. <BR><BR>ThanX.

Default RE: How to check ADO version?

There is probably a better way, and this is a bit of a hack... but... run regedit (Start/Run/type in "regedit" (less the quotes)), and then search (Ctrl-F) for ADO. Keep hitting F3 to search until you see ADO.Connection.2.1 If you don&#039t see that, then you don&#039t have 2.1! :)<BR><BR>When you find ADODB.Connection, expand that node, and go to CurVer. If, on the right, is says ADODB.Connection.2.1, then you are using 2.1...<BR><BR>Happy Programming!

Alvin Toh Guest

try this:<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>respons e.write "This Server&#039s ADO Version: " & objConn.Version<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>the re&#039s a whole bunch of other Connection object properties which u can query. cheers.

Bill Wallace Guest

I just d/l&#039d MDAC Component Checker from the downloads section on the UDA site. It looks at (analyzes) your files and registry entries and gives back a lot of info, including the version that "most closely resembles your installation". :)<BR><BR>http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm<BR><BR>gl

Regedit<BR><BR>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTADODB.CommandCurVe r

Here&#039;s a script which check the ADO version online.<BR>&#060;%<BR> set con=server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR> response.write con.version<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR>Run this script online and you&#039;ll see the ADO version.<BR><BR>Mircea