SQL server timed out

Thread: SQL server timed out

Default SQL server timed out

Hello:<BR> I have developed a form that submits data to an sql database using vbscript. The whole process works perfectly for about the first 50 submisssion. After about 50 submissions of the form,I get this error:<BR> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e31&#039 <BR> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired <BR><BR>The code that I have implemented that communicates with the SQL server is:<BR><BR><BR><BR>set objFSO1 = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")<BR>set objNewFile1B = objFSO1.CreateTextFile(fileloc1a)<BR>set objNewFile2B = objFSO1.CreateTextFile(fileloc2a)<BR>objNewFile1B. write(pretag) &#039pretag is a text string<BR>objNewFile2B.write(Request.Form("FormDat a"))<BR>objNewFile1B.close<BR>objNewFile2B.close<B R>Set someConnection1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>someCon nection1.Open "datasource1"<BR>Set someResults1 = someConnection1.Execute("SELECT... FROM...") <BR>someConnection1.Execute("INSERT INTO....(...)VALUES(...)")<BR>someConnection1.Clos e <BR>Set objFSO1 = Nothing<BR>Set someConnection1 = Nothing<BR>Set someResults1 = Nothing<BR><BR>I would greatly appreciate any help that could be provided that would give me some insight. Thank you.<BR>

Default RE: SQL server timed out

Hi:<BR> Take the select statement out before the insert statement. That should fix your problem.<BR>