ADO Provider Error

Thread: ADO Provider Error

Default ADO Provider Error

Hi,<BR>I&#039m getting the following error message when I try to connect to a database from an ASP script via ADO, and was hoping someone may be able to help me out!<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR><BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>/iishelp/iis/htm/tutorial/script6.asp, line 25 <BR><BR>If I examine the Provider property of the connection object just prior to attempting the connection, it&#039s set to MSDASQL - the default, as it should be.<BR><BR>I&#039m running NT Workstation 4, Service Pack 3, and Personal Web Server (from the NT 4 Option Pack.)<BR><BR>Here&#039s the section of ASP code that produces this error, it&#039s actually one of the tuturial examples which install with PWS:<BR><BR>strSource = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);UID=admin;FIL=MS Access;DBQ="&FilePath&"BTCustmr.mdb"<BR>Set dbConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>dbConne ction.Open strSource<BR><BR>If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated!<BR><BR>Many Thanks<BR><BR>Mike

Default RE: ADO Provider Error

What is the FilePath variable set to? Is it a hardcoded path to your .mdb file such as c:iishelpiishtm utorialBTCustmr.mdb? It needs to be. Try Using Server.Mappath instead of hardcoding the path. <BR>"DBQ=" & server.mappath("BTCustmr.mdb")

Default RE: ADO Provider Error

Hi Rick<BR>thanks for replying - unfortunately this hasn&#039t solved the problem! The FilePath variable was correctly set to the db&#039s path, and I also tried hard-coding it and also your Server.mappath technique, but to no avail!<BR><BR>I think the problem lies with my configuration - do I need to do anything special to set up a Provider? I assumed that the default MSDASQL one would automatically be installed for me (indeed there&#039s an MSDASQL.DLL in my C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemole db folder put there by the install.)<BR><BR>Anyone else any ideas on how to solve this or experienced the same problem?<BR><BR>many thanks again<BR>mike<BR>