updateable recordset paging w/o clicking update e

Thread: updateable recordset paging w/o clicking update e

Steve Short Guest

Default updateable recordset paging w/o clicking update e

Is there any way to allow paging of a recordset that includes an input box without making the user click the submit button each time before going to the next page? I would like to be able to use the post method if at all possible because my recordset size can be very large.

Default HTML question, really...

You *can* make nearly any form control (radio button, check box, etc., etc.) do an auto-submit.<BR><BR>On my demo page (see "paging" example at http://www.ClearviewDesign.com/NEWBIE ... I think it is last on the page), I allow you to simply click a radio button to move to any page.<BR><BR>But if the only thing you want to offer for paging is a forward and backwards button, why not actually make *each* of them be a SUBMIT button? Something like:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Submit Name="BackOne" Value="Previous Page"&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT Type=Submit Name="Forward" Value="Next Page"&#062;<BR><BR>and then on the submitted-to page, you simply do<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Request.Form("BackOne") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> &nbsp; pagenum = pagenum - 1<BR>ElseIf Request.Form("Forward") &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR> &nbsp; pagenum = pagenum + 1<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>But, again, most any &#060;FORM...&#062; field can be made to auto-submit. If Radio buttons or submit buttons don&#039t do it for you, ask again.<BR><BR>

Steve Short Guest

Default RE: HTML question, really...

Thanks!!! <BR> Actually I had already set up a dynamic page number system based on the record size and a set page size, but had not thought to use it the way you sugested. All I will have to do is change it to a form control based system and I&#039m finished!<BR> I am very new to web development, I&#039m a oracle based cobol programmer by trade and my job needed me to develop this for them because our web developer recently left the company without finishing the project and it just fell in my lap.