Stilllll Problem in Updation

Thread: Stilllll Problem in Updation

manish bobdey Guest

Default Stilllll Problem in Updation

Dear Sir,<BR>Here i have some problem in updataion useing asp<BR>i m using access as backend<BR><BR>here is the code<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;% option explicit %&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- # include File = "ADOVBS.INC" --&#062;<BR>&#060;% dim cn1,rs1,aa,rn,nm,pn<BR>set cn1=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>set rs1=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>cn1. Open "manish" <BR> "Select * from details", cn1,0,3<BR>Response.Write Request.Form("txtrollno") & " " & Request.Form("txtname") & " " & Request.Form("txtphoneno")<BR>rn=Request.Form("txt rollno")<BR>nm=Request.Form("txtname")<BR>pn=Reque st.Form("txtphoneno")<BR>Response.Write "<BR><BR>"<BR><BR><BR>rs1.AddNew<BR>rs1("RollNo")= Request.Form("txtrollno")<BR>rs1("Name")=Request.F orm("txtname")<BR>rs1("PhoneNo")=Request.Form("txt phoneno")<BR>rs1.Update<BR>rs1.Close<BR>cn1.Close< BR><BR>and this the error <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>/manish/update.asp, line 20 <BR><BR>thanking u<BR><BR>please make it fat for me<BR><BR>i got the solution but did&#039t work i replaced the line<BR> "Select * from details", cn1,0,3<BR>with<BR> "Select * from details", cn1,0,3,1<BR>but still error is there .<BR>if write adCmd Text <BR>one more error is there that undefined variable and same for the lock type and key set <BR>numeric values for them is working

Default Insert problem

Try <BR><BR> "details",cn1,3,3,1<BR><BR>You do *not* want to do a SELECT, as this will position the cursor at the end. And then you use a 0 cursor type which means "forward only", so of course the insert (which is what AddNew really is) can&#039t work.<BR><BR><BR>(p.s.: No such word as "Updation". I know, it looks like there should be, but there isn&#039t. But in any case, the problem is not with Update but with Insert, no matter how the code looks.)<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Insert problem

Insertion is a word, why can&#039t we lobby to accept updation?

cip Guest

Default RE: Insert problem

Hello,<BR>the error occurs because you don&#039t have NTFS Write permissions on the mdb file for the IUSR_XXX, the anonymous user used by IIS.<BR>I leave linguistic issues to experts in that area ...<BR>Cheers,<BR>Ciprian Miclaus