I&#039m using ASP and SQL to read from a MS Access database.<BR><BR>I have no problem reading from the database, but I cannot even open it in "write" mode. This is the error I receive:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR><BR>Here is my code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039Look up the database and open database & recordset<BR>openConnStr = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" & "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("mydatabase.mdb")<BR>Set MyConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> Set RS =Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>MyC onn.Open openConnStr<BR><BR>&#039The SQL I have to run in order to generate a recordset<BR>strSQL = "SELECT * from ExpressCodeTable WHERE ExpressCode=&#039" & Request.QueryString("ExpressCodeInput") & "&#039" <BR><BR>&#039Generate the recordset THIS IS WHERE IT BREAKS DOWN, UNLESS I <BR>&#039REMOVE THE adOpenDynamic AND THE adLockPessimistic COMPLETELY<BR>RS.Open strSQL, MyConn, adOpenDynamic, adLockPessimistic<BR><BR>&#039Check if the SQL found anything<BR>if (RS.eof or RS.bof) then<BR>Response.Write "No results found..." <BR><BR>&#039If it did, do stuff with the data<BR>else<BR>Response.Write(RS("ExpressCode") & RS("CompanyName"))<BR><BR>&#039Attempt to modify a field IT ALSO BREAKS DOWN HERE.<BR>RS("NumberOfLogins") = 1<BR>RS.Update<BR>end if<BR><BR>&#039Close and delete the recordset and connection objects<BR>RS.Close<BR>Set RS = Nothing<BR>MyConn.Close<BR>Set MyConn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I&#039m using ADO version 2.1.<BR><BR>I do not have hands-on access to the server, so I&#039m wondering if my database is supposed to be in a special directory or have special read/write access. From my FTP client, it looks like it has read/write access, but maybe that setting does not hold for the anonymous (i.e. web) user.<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated!<BR><BR>-Tony