HELP.....Unable to run any of my ASP files...ASP files not responding

Thread: HELP.....Unable to run any of my ASP files...ASP files not responding

Bijal Guest

Default HELP.....Unable to run any of my ASP files...ASP files not responding

I have the "Windows NT Option Pack 4.0" with the IIS 4.0 installed on my Windows NT Server 4.0. <BR>Whenever i try to run my ASP files, i am not able to access them. i encounter a freezing state or a not responding state after a while of execution.<BR><BR>and when i stop and restart my IIS service, i am able to run the ASP file only once and after that everytime i try to run them again i encounter the freezing state or a not responding state.<BR><BR>is there any configuration thing while installing the IIS 4.0 that i might have made a mistake.<BR><BR>I see that many of you have already gone through this problem. it&#039s been over a week now and am unable to come out of it. So Please help and solve my problem.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Bijal.

Default RE: HELP.....Unable to run any of my ASP files...A

If it makes you feel any better, I am presently experiencing that same problem. Both with IIS 4.0 and on a PWS on NT Workstation. <BR><BR>Have you had any luck with your problem yet?

did you installed NT SP 4.0 or 5.0?

Tony Guest

Hi Bijal<BR><BR>I ran into the same problem after upgrading from IIS 3 to 4.<BR>It turns out that I still had the .asp extention showing up in the registry under:<BR>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSe tServicesW3SVCParametersScript Map<BR><BR>It was also showing up in the IIS 4 meta base duplicated. I found that each time I rebooted the server I would get another .asp extention in the meta base. I removed it from the registry and only left one application mapping in IIS and I have not had a problem since.<BR><BR>