ASP security

Thread: ASP security

Saunders Guest

Default ASP security

Hi<BR>I have to create a membership subscription site with 6 different areas.You could subscribe to any 1 area or 2 areas, 3 etc. So I have to password protect the sites. Im looking for software thats already available as I have about 2 weeks to do this which is not long enought to code.<BR>Please let me know if you know any way to do this. Thanks.

LeeAnnie Guest

Default RE: ASP security

A quick fix would be to use a session variable. <BR><BR>For instance, when the user logs in correctly, set a session variable, say... session("validUser") = true.<BR><BR>Then, on every page put this at the top:<BR><BR>if not session("validUser") then &#039if not a valid User<BR> response.redirect("yourHome.asp")<BR>end if<BR><BR>This way, no one can go directly to a page unless they have logged in. The default timeout for session variables on IIS is (I believe) 15-20 minutes. If your users need more time, you can easily change that value.<BR><BR>Final note... if you use the above code, make sure it comes after your response.buffer = true and other household chores...<BR>you will get an error.<BR><BR>HTH,<BR>LeeAnnie<BR><BR>