International dates and access...

Thread: International dates and access...

Bart Mortelmans Guest

Default International dates and access...

Greetings,<BR><BR>I&#039ve had problems with this for a while and haven&#039t been able to figure out what realy went wrong. What I&#039d realy like is an article from MS telling me exactly when what date-format is used. My problem is the following:<BR><BR>On my ASP-pages I allways use the European date format (dd/mm/yyyy), I put Session.LCID = 2067 in every page or in global.asa. When I want to put a date in an accessdatabase I&#039m not sure anymore whether to use European or American date format. Sometimes month and day are switched when the date comes out of the database... Now I first use CDate before putting the date in the datebase (with ADO) and everything seems to work, but when I want to filter the database I still need to use a string (for the where clause)...<BR><BR>So if anyone knows what the rules are and whether they differ from a Dutch Windows2000 server or an English American Windows...<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Bart Mortelmans<BR>

Default RE: This one ought to be in the FAQ... (but isn�

There&#039s a way to get around this issue and it one of my favourite tips; the ODBC Canonical Escape Syntax (or some such...) Basically it allows you to specify a date in a completely fixed format like this: {d &#039yyyy-mm-dd&#039}<BR><BR>eg:<BR><BR>SELECT table WHERE date_field &#062; {d &#039 2000-01-01&#039}<BR><BR>There&#039s also a version for timestamps: {ts &#039yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss&#039}. As far as I know, all ODBC compliant databases will interpret this format in exactly the same way, regardless of any localisation settings.<BR><BR>Dunc

Ravil Guest

Default RE: International dates and access...

Even I had the similar problem, its a pain in the arse,as I spent two complete days and nights figuring out to get out of this puzzle, but in vain. So if you happen to find any solution please mail me at<BR><BR> Thanx

Bart Mortelmans Guest

Default Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finaly a solution!