Thread: cdonts.newmail

ruthy Guest

Default cdonts.newmail

I am really new to ASP.<BR>I&#039ve tried to send email. I am using PWS on windows 98. I received the following errors:<BR><BR>Tell a Friend:<BR>---quote:<BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>tell.asp, line 66 <BR><BR>800401f3 <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>---end quote<BR><BR>line 66 is:<BR>Set objCDONTS = Server.CreateObject"CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR>Any idea what&#039s the problem or how to make progress?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: cdonts.newmail

Well, you&#039ve got an obvious syntax error (missing open brace):<BR><BR>Set objCDONTS = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR><BR>But anyway CDONTS is "Collaboration Data Objects for NT Server" - it can only be installed on a machine running NT Server 4.0 or later (with a couple of service packs) so trying to use it on a Win98 machine just ain&#039t ever going to work.<BR><BR>Dunc

I&#039m not sure if PWS supports CDONTS, but if it does you&#039ll need to setup the mail servers et al. for it to work.

LeeAnnie Guest

The CDONTS library is not packaged with PWS. This feature is only available on IIS 4.0+ running on NT.<BR><BR>Sorry :o(<BR><BR>