Querystring url from a frame

Thread: Querystring url from a frame

Cheryl! Guest

Default Querystring url from a frame

I have a frames page. The left frame is navigational buttons. The top frame is a listing from a database. Each listing has a link that the user can click to fill the bottom frame with a specific url that belongs to the record he/she clicked. I want one of my buttons in the navigational frame to open another page with the url of the bottom frame as the querystring.<BR><BR>Something like this:<BR>&#060;a href=mypage.asp?urlref=javascript:parent.rbottom.l ocation.href<BR><BR>But this doesn&#039t work. Please help.<BR><BR>Thanx in advance.<BR><BR>Cheryl!

Default RE: Querystring url from a frame

If I understand what you are asking...<BR><BR>&#060;A HREF="javascript:document.location.href=&#039mypag e.asp?urlref=&#039 + escape(parent.rbottom.document.location.href);"&#0 62;<BR><BR>I think that will do it. Obviously, you could make it cleaner by having the HREF call a function that does the work.<BR><BR>The call to escape is perhaps unneeded, but certainly a good idea.<BR><BR>But you do say "open another page...". I hope you meant "another page to replace the navigational frame", yes?<BR><BR>