Multiple Access Problem

Thread: Multiple Access Problem

Nurice Guest

Default Multiple Access Problem

Hello, I&#039ve posted this question before, and I&#039ll try again in hopes someone will read this today and may know the answer.<BR>I must access multiple database tables from one processing page. They can be accessed when used solo, yet when I try to open a second, this error is shown.<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.<BR><BR>/Purchase.asp, line 43<BR> <BR>and yes, the actual &#039from&#039 syntax is correct. Here, I&#039ll prove it to you, here&#039s line 43.<BR><BR>User1 = "SELECT * FROM ID WHERE Name = &#039" & Request.Cookies("Online")("Name") & "&#039;"<BR><BR>I&#039ve used it many times before in other processing pages. I wonder what I must be doing wrong. Please, if anyone can help?<BR>-Nurice

Default Show the *real* code and problem...

You really have a table named ID?<BR><BR>Oh, well.<BR><BR>The most obvious thing to try is to reverse the order of the two queries. See if making the query you show first instead of second changes anything.<BR><BR>**BUT***<BR>You did NOT "prove" a thing to me, by showing me your line 43!<BR><BR>First of all, there is NO WAY in the world that the line you showed could produce the error you claimed! The line you showed doesn&#039t do anything but create a string with particular contents. So I don&#039t even believe that you showed us line 43, actually.<BR><BR>"PROOF" would consist of doing a <BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Response.Write "QUERY: " & User1 & "&#060;HR&#062;" & vbNewLine<BR>and then showing us *exactly* what appeared as a result of that line. <BR><BR>And it would help *tons* if you&#039d show us all the lines from line 1 to about line 50. Just in case it is something completely unrelated that you have overlooked.<BR><BR>