I&#039ve been working to install the ASP-based Bulletin Board (posted at http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/030700-1.shtml)...<BR>This particular Ap was written to work with Access instead of SQL 7 (which I am using).....The Ap as written has separate fields for Date and for Time (using default values (NowDate) and (NowTime) respectively....Which cannot be used (as far as I know) with SQL.<BR><BR>SO...I&#039m changing it over to send the date and time together to one column with a datatype of smalldatetime.<BR><BR>From the main page I&#039m sending the date info over as follows:<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="BBDateTime" value=GetDate()&#062;<BR><BR>On the subsequent page I declare the variable and assign value as follows:<BR>rsNew("BBDateTime") = Request.Form("BBDateTime")<BR><BR>However, when I run it I get a type mismatch error as follows:<BR><BR> Provider error &#039 80020005&#039 <BR> Type mismatch. <BR> /BulletinBoard/Preview.asp, line 21<BR><BR>Does anyone know how to avoid this in my asp code or perhaps a work around such as how to create a default value on the SQL side...<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR>