How to send email automatically everyday

Thread: How to send email automatically everyday

Default How to send email automatically everyday

I have seen some free asp postacrd code on the internet but I&#039d like to add a function that can send the postcard at a specific time that the user chooses. In the database there is a field called "send date"(which is the date the user wants to send his postcard). My problem is how can my code check my database automatically every day so it can send the postcard. Eg: I create a postcard today but I want to the postcard on aug-31th. Please help me with this. Thanks a lot in advance.<BR>Sincerely,<BR>Ryan.<BR>

Michal M Guest

Default RE: How to send email automatically everyday

Hi Ryan,<BR>I would suggest that you use a .vbs file for this task. It is very similar to asp, so your learning curve should be minimal. you can use VbScript to query the database for cards that need to be sent now and then instantiate a component to send the email. Inside the vbs file you do not need to wrap your code within &#060;% %&#062; because the whole file is code. The advantage of using vbs over asp is that you can use a scheduler to execute the script regularly. If you are on an NT server you can use the built in AT scheduler, or download a scheduler utility.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Michal M

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: How to send email automatically everyday

Another way if you are using SQL server is the xp_sendmail option. you can use the sql server to send teh mail when you want.