Can ASP emulate an XML/XSL type templating environ

Thread: Can ASP emulate an XML/XSL type templating environ

Yuval Kordov Guest

Default Can ASP emulate an XML/XSL type templating environ

Hi folks. Here&#039s my dilemma. I need to produce a web environment where the logic is seperated from the formatting and where the formatting can support multiple templates. <BR><BR>Example: Client 1 wants a result recordset to have 5 items per page and a descriptive link for each. Client 2 wants 10 items per page, green font color, and an extra link beside each returned item.<BR><BR>As I understand it, I can achieve this kind of functionality using XML and XSL but that is a whole new learning curve. I was hoping that I might be able to do the same using the ASP 3.0 Server.Execute method, but this has turned out to be utterly and completely useless. I would be able to dump in some formatting but I would not be able to do loops on a recordset or what have you that was created in the calling page.<BR><BR>Is there anything that I&#039m missing or is it time to move on to a new technology?<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR>

Default bite the bullet....

... and use XML/XSL if you need xml/xsl functionality - but grab the latest version of the parser from<BR><BR>jason