Michael

Thread: Michael

Default Michael

Help! I&#039m trying to do just a simple mail order form that will send a response back to the submitter listing the items they have chosen. The form is just a normal htm page posting to a response.asp page. For some reason I&#039m getting the following message when I hit the submit button:<BR><BR>HTTP Error 403<BR>403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden<BR><BR>This error can be caused if you try to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.<BR><BR>Please contact the Web server&#039s administrator if the problem persists.<BR><BR>I tried just creating a plain page with a little text on it, saving it as an ASP page and I get the same error when I try to access it. I&#039ve contacted our ISP and the admin says there doesn&#039t seem to be anything wrong with our site as far as permissions, etc are concerned but that&#039s about all the help I&#039ve gotten from them. Frankly I know very little about ASP (or any other kind of programming for that matter) but this seems fairly straight forward and the code I&#039m using is just some slightly altered sample code that came with ASP.exe.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Michael Murray

Default RE: Michael

Contact your ISP again and tell them that<BR>you need execute permissions on that directory<BR>or file. Usually they can set up a scripts directory for you.<BR><BR>The admin might have thought the permissions were fine<BR>for html (which Im sure they are), but ASP needs execute<BR>permissions inorder to work properly.<BR><BR>hope this helps